While many people wash the pillowcases weekly, most of them don’t keep an eye on their pillow. In fact, the pillow is washed far less frequently because many people think it’s a difficult job. To have a good night’s sleep, we recommend that you should take care of your pillow at least one or two times per year. If you haven’t washed your pillow in a while, why not wash it this weekend? With down or synthetic pillow, most of them might be washed by washing machine. But still, check the label carefully before getting started. We offer you several tricks that you need to do before washing the pillow:
– You probably check your pillow by folding your pillow in half, if it doesn’t come back to their shape, toss it.
– Roll up your pillow lengthwise, then use rubber bands to secure the middle and the ends of the pillow while washing. By doing that, it helps to keep the synthetic fibers from clumping.
– Instead of using a powder, you probably should use a mild liquid detergent to eliminate residue.
– Wash two pillows at the same time to keep the washing machine balanced.
– You might use the old pillows as stuffing for a throw pillow or padding for dog beds.
You need some materials to wash the pillow: pillows, wool laundry balls or tennis balls, rubber bands, liquid laundry detergent and some tools such as washer and dryer.
1. First of all, you’d better read the tags on your pillows carefully, make sure you might actually wash your pillows by washing machine. On your machine, adjust the temperature of water according to the instruction on the label.
2. Put two pillows at the same time to distribute the load evenly.
3. Pour a small amount of liquid laundry detergent into the machine and start the load.
4. Use the rinse cycle twice mode to clean all the soap in the pillow. .
5. Finally, you should dry your pillows based on the care label. If you use the dryer, place a few wool laundry balls with the pillows in order to make dry them faster as well as reduce clumping of fibers. Also, you might lay them flat to dry the pillow. For some people, they like to put their pillow outside, under the sunlight, however, you could just lay your pillows on top of your washing machine for a few hours. The warm air, while your dryer is working, is a good idea to dry it.