Because of some reasons that you can not fall asleep quickly with your usual biological clock. You often go to bed late and the next day you would feel empty, tired or even exhausted… you can’t work with 100% of energy when you lack sleep. Obviously, the best solution is going to bed on time. However, you can’t decide when to fall asleep because it depends on your body. So, what you can do now is creating a deep state during your sleep, even if it’s late than usual. Creating a deep state of sleeping depends greatly on your personality, habits and hobbies of each person.
Some studies suggest that the biggest cause of insomnia or short sleep is the patients don’t have an appropriate sleeping environment. Therefore, the first thing to fall asleep quickly is preparing the most favorable and suitable sleeping space. A big space with fresh air would be comfortable for most of us. If you do not feel like to sleep in a dark room then you can buy a nightlight with dim light, place it where you can see it but not directly to your eyes. Some of us like it to be quiet but some others want to hear gentle and constant sound to fall asleep quickly. Some of us like to have a fan, some others want a warm blanket… In conclusion, creating a suitable and ideal place to sleep in your way.
7 ways to fall asleep quickly
It is only a necessary condition, sufficient condition is some methods for you to fall asleep quickly and have a deeper sleep than the current situation of not sleeping as your biological clock. Each one of us will have a different method which depends on your personality, hobbies, and habits… You would like to check some tips below:
- 1. If you lie down on the bed and you can’t fall asleep right away, don’t push yourself into sleep or stress. Worries and anger because of can not sleep will even make you more difficult to sleep. Sit up, read a normal book such as comedy or romance… some people said that they fall into sleep real quick just because of reading for 5 to 10 minutes. Remember, you can only sleep when you’re sleepy!
- 2. Don’t work out or do too many activities before going to bed. Running or jumping or working out too hard will make your organs to work harder and can not rest. Walking for a while in a quiet place with fresh air is a good tip for making your body relax and be ready for a good night sleep.
- 3. Drinking some lotus heart tea will help you to reduce stress and fall asleep quickly. This is an ideal tip because it does not only bring you a good night sleep but also has a febrifuge feature for your health, which help stabilize the heartbeat, prevent stroke, and reduce the risks of heart diseases.
- 4. Taking a hot bath with a touch of fragrance and drinking a glass of warm milk is also really helpful for a deep sleep.
- 5. Learning how to breathe right: breathing slowly and focusing on breathing will make your body forget worries of the day and you will feel sleepy in a few seconds. Breathing method below is recommended to be the most effective: inhaling slowly through your nose for 5 secs and holding the breath in your lung for 3 secs – then breathing out through your mouth in 8 secs. During this process, you should focus your thought on each breath and count the secs of inhaling and breathing out. Doing this little breathing exercise for about 20 times will help you to feel asleep. If this method does not work for you, then try another one.
- 6. One of the main reasons that you feel difficult to sleep and not have a good sleep is you bringing your works, worries and stress with you on the bed. Writing a diary or just simply writing them all on a note then burn it to tear it down is a good way to deal with insomnia. Experts suppose that this will help you to calm down your nerve and fall asleep quickly.
- 7. Music is one of the greatest inventions of nature. Music is seen as a tool to ease the pain and bring good thoughts into human consciousness from a long long time ago. Music makes us love our life more and be stronger. A study showed that Mozart’s music helps your infant to be smarter if you listen to it during pregnancy. Therefore, there’s no doubt that music will definitely help you to sleep better. Choosing some gingerly tunes to listen to before going to bed. Even if you are a Metallica fan, don’t bring your favorite rock band’s songs with you to listen when you’re on the bed. There are a lot of songs of newage or classical music, jazz or instrumental music, or natural music (sound of wind or waves…) for preparing a good sleep. Studies on some people of scientists showed that human’s brain continues to receive a part of sound during a sleep, thus opening some tunes when sleeping can help some of us to sleep better, deeper and have sweet dreams.
- Above is some methods which are the most useful ones for your reference to fall asleep quickly. You can make a combination of 2 or 3 methods for the best result. Other tips such as not eating sugar containing food, not drinking coffee at night… are also popular but some of us don’t take it seriously, so I think it would be necessary to remind in this post. You can fall into sleep easily if you take care of your health and know what to eat and what to do before the end of a day. Sleeping is the most important activity and everyone have to do daily for renewable energy for the next day. Having enough sleep can help us to avoid many diseases and health related problems. People would become languish and irritable without sleep, even scientists with the greatest mind who claimed to not sleep for days would have to sleep after that.