Neck pain is the soreness of neck caused by muscle strain and this situation makes us feel uncomfortable and cannot move our need freely. Normally, this pain can simply be solved by medicines from the doctors; however, we can also help reduce it by some easy and simple ways:
1. Do exercise for neck
Do you know that doing exercise is an efficient way to eliminate your neck pain? A lot of people do not dare to move their neck because they are afraid of getting painful. However, it is the fact that exercise is one of the best treatments to cure your neck from soreness. Just spend time on carrying out some simple and light exercises for your neck every day, you can soon see the result it brings to you.
2. Relax and rest reasonably
Because your neck is painful and tired, you need to spend time on relaxing and resting so that it can recover soon. After sitting to work for 45 minutes, you can stand up and carry out some light exercise or walk around your room before turning to work.
In addition, every time you sit or lie, you should follow a right position in order avoid hurting your neck and try to use the best pillow for neck support made from soft and smooth materials with special design. This pillow acts as a friendly assistant that supports your neck and gives you the easy and comfortable feeling as much as possible.
3. Have an appropriate diet
A proper diet plays an important role in relieving your neck pain because foods not only provide crucial nutrients for our body to be healthier but also supplement some necessary substances to support connective tissues, nerves, and bones of your neck, and then assists to get rid of soreness. The researchers show that patients who are experiencing neck pain should eat more fruits, vegetables and meats as well as supplement some types of foods containing the essential substances which are good for neck are: Calcium, vitamin D, Omega 3 fatty acids, magnesium, fibers and antioxidants
– Calcium and vitamin D: They are two indispensable substances to make our bones healthy. For people who have to cope with the sore neck, the neck bones seem weaker and cannot work well as usual. Therefore, they need to be provided more calcium and vitamin D to recover easily. You can find these nutrients from different types of foods such as seafood, beans, milk and milk products,
– Omega 3 fatty acids: these friendly acids are also an effective solution to reduce neck pain and they often appear in some fish such as mackerel, salmon, and sardines, dark green leafy vegetables, soy milk…
– Magnesium: Lack of magnesium is one of the top reasons which cause sore neck. Therefore, it is necessary to supplement this substance for our neck to reduce muscle soreness, muscle tension
and neck pain. Some types of foods which are rich in magnesium are cereals, walnuts, artichokes, Brussels cabbage…
– Fibers and antioxidants: These two substances are important to reduce inflammation of our neck and they are available in most of the vegetables. Therefore, do not forget to eat more vegetables every in order to have a healthy neck.