Lack of enough sleep has for many years been a major complaint with 1 out of 10 people suffering from it. It leaves people exhausted, dampens their moods, lowers productivity and risks their general health. One way of getting sound sleep every night is getting the right foods. Here is a list of best foods to eat at night to help you sleep soundly every day.
- Walnuts: Walnuts are good sources of sleep enhancing amino acid, tryptophan that assists in making melatonin and serotonin. These are hormones responsible for setting the body’s sleep-wake sequences. When the body has enough of these hormones, one is sure of falling asleep easily.
- Almonds: Almonds are unique nuts known for their high quantities of magnesium that is required for strengthening immunity and healthier brain. The mineral is also critical for quality sleep when included in your meals every night.
- Cheese and crackers: While old tales tell of cheese being used to help people fall sleep faster, the reality is that most of the daily products can assist. Calcium in milk, yoghurt, and cheese help your brain utilize tryptophan to produce sleep triggering hormone, melatonin.
- Lettuce: This is a salad commonly used with dinner. Because lettuce has lactucarium that is believed to have sedative properties which produce impacts similar to those of opium. Consider simmering about 3-5 large lettuce leaves for about 10 minutes, add 2 springs mint, and take moments before heading to sleep. You will catch sleep faster and enjoy it for the entire night.
- Pretzels: Pretzels have high levels of glycemic index. Therefore, the user experiences a natural spike in the blood sugar as well as insulin levels. This helps the time that one requires to fall asleep. While the body requires a steady level of blood sugar supply for standard insulin resistance and avoiding mood swings, high levels assists tryptophan get into the brain to give you the nice sleep. You can also take white rice to get the same effect of elevated blood sugar.
- Fish: Fishes such as tuna, salmon, and halibut have very high levels of vitamin B6. The vitamin is a vital component in processing of melatonin. Other foods that will supply the body with Vitamin B6 include pistachio nuts and garlic.
- Cherry Juice: Taking a glass of Cherry juice is known to assist people fall asleep faster. Cherries, especially tart, help to boost melatonin levels in the body. Remember to keep off beverages that have caffeine because they suppress your sleep.
- Chamomile tea: Drinking chamomile tea provides glycine and Harman alkaloids to the body. This helps to relax nerves and body muscles acting like a mild sedative. You can also substitute chamomile with passion.
- Elk: Elk is a unique game meat known to supply the body with a lot of tryptophan. In fact, it has twice the amount of tryptophan compared to what turkey or chicken provides. Therefore, taking elk will make you nod almost immediately. It is advisable to take Elk with some carbohydrates such as rice to help tryptophan get to the brain faster.
- Herbs: Consuming herbs have a calming effect on the human body. Many herbs like basil and sage release chemicals that assist to calm the mind. You can opt to prepare pasta using sage and basil. However, herbs that have simulative effect on the body such as pepper should be avoided. To make your work easier, get the best food dehydrator to dry and store preferred herbs for daily use before sleep.
- Sleep inducing snacks: When you lay on the pillow, you want to get a smooth sleep free of tossing and turning the entire night. Try sleep inducing snacks such as banana mixed with low-fat yogurt or apple served with mozzarella cheese. You can also take pita chips smeared with low-fat cottage cheese. These snacks help strengthen your immunity and keep the body free of raised diseases for calm and stress free night.
Whether you are a career person, student, housewife or recovering from recent illness, getting a sound sleep is critical for your health and success. These food have been proven to assist people enjoy deep sleep everyday. Because some foods can be difficult to prepare everyday, consider gathering them in large quantities and dry in the best food dehydrator for easy access.